I’m Audrey Clement, the Independent candidate for Arlington County Board. As a 16-year Westover resident and civic activist, I’m running for County Board because Arlington faces several crises that County Board has failed to address–among them overcrowded schools, traffic congestion, loss of green space, and an effective tax rate that is twice the rate of inflation.
The onset of the coronavirsus has challenged residents’ ability to absorb excessive tax increases, with many businesses shuttered and people out of work. Also while the County deserves credit for implementing the Governor’s lock down orders, it needs to leverage its’ proximity to the White House to insist that President Trump do more to stop the spread of COVID-19 in the DC area. If elected, I pledge to:
- Act forcefully to curtail the spread of the coronavirus.
- Seek tax relief for residents and businesses.
- Emphasize basic services like: streets, schools, libraries and public safety.
- Promote consolidation of housing programs to reduce costs.
- Promote installation of efficient renewable energy in all public schools.
- Provide a voice on County Board for all taxpayers.
If you share my agenda, then:
- Spread the word about my candidacy.
- Donate to my campaign.
Together we can make the “Arlington Way” more than an empty phrase.