I’m Audrey Clement, the Independent candidate for Arlington School Board. As a 14-year Westover resident and civic activist–with a Ph.D. in Political Science and service as a Congressional Fellow–I’m running for School Board, because the county faces several crises that Arlington Public Schools (APS) has failed to address–among them overcrowded schools and loss of green space on our school campuses as more and more kids are crammed into trailers.
If elected, I pledge to:
- Promote a school construction program that increases classroom capacity on time and on budget
- Minimize the need for trailers with an accelerated building program that brings the cost of new classroom capacity in line with the rest of the Commonwealth
- Reduce the cost of educating our children through administrative savings and modest adjustments to the secondary level student/teacher ratio
- Promote installation of efficient renewable energy in all public schools
- Provide a voice on Arlington School Board for all taxpayers
If you share my agenda, then:
- Spread the word about my candidacy
- Donate to my campaign
Together we can make Arlington Public Schools educate more students at less cost.